Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Arsty Wednesday - Rainbow Nails

 The theme for Artsy Wednesday this week is Rainbow nails!

We had to miss last Wednesday, I was really busy after the move but I am back on track this week. 


Colours used:
Sally Hansen Insta-Dri - Speedy Sunburst
Sally Hansen Insta-Dri - Snappy Sorbet
Sally Hansen Insta-Dri - Lightening
Sally Hansen Insta-Dri - Lickety-Split Lime
Ulta3 - Blue Heaven
Sally Hansen Insta-Dri - Lively Lilac
Ulta3 - Lily White


I started with a base of Ulta3 - Blue Heaven, then with a thin nail art brush I painted the rainbow lines across all 4 nails starting at the base and working my way to the tip. You will need to clean the brush after each colour so they don't mix. I used pure acetone and wiped it off on paper towel. 
I sponged on Ulta3 - Lily White on my index and pinky nails for the clouds. I was surprised at how opaque Lily White is. 
I used Poshe top coat. Make sure you wait for the polish to dry, I was a little to impatient on my index finger and had to touch up the rainbow. I probably should have used a different shade of blue so it stood out more against the background. 

I had to use my stub hand because there was no way my left hand could have drawn this. I think I'll have to use my stub hand for most Artsy Wednesdays so you'll be able to see my growth progress. This picture is 1 week after I broke my nail.


Check out the other girls participating in Artsy Wednesday:

LabMuffin
Hooked!
We are looking for others to join us so if you interested please contact myself or any of the other girls. You can contact me here: prettypurplepolish@gmail.com.

8 comments:

  1. This is awesome! I love the panoramic design, and I agree, the clouds are lovely :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had this design in my head for a while. This week's Artsy Wednesday was a good excuse to do it :D

      Delete
  2. My nails break a lot, at least twice a week. I'm not sure what to use anymore to keep them from breaking?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I noticed for me that my nails are much stronger when I wear nail polish with a good top coat like Seche or Poshe. Also my nails tend to break if my nail polish is chipped, they will break where the chip is so I always repaint my nails if I get a chip. I also take Hair, Skin and Nails vitamins so this may also help to keep my nails strong. Hope this helps. :)

      Delete
  3. This is so cool! Love it! How do you like the Poshe top coat? I was using it for a while before, but then stopped...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been switching between Poshe and Seche for the last few months. My Seche Vite ran out first so I must have favoured that one. I think they both work well. I've heard that Seche is better over stamping as it wont smear the design. If you are careful with Poshe it doesn't smear either. I didn't really notice any difference with wear time. I'm about to buy one of those refill bottles of either Poshe or Seche but I can't decide which one. I can get more for my money with Poshe so that might be the deciding factor.
      What have you been using instead of Poshe?

      Delete

Your comments are welcome but please don't include a link to your blog/website. Comments containing such links will not be published.