Monday, October 31, 2011

Halloween Manicure


Please note I have not intended to copy any one else's idea, if my idea looks similar to yours it is entirely coincidental. I actually sat down and drew out a plan for my Halloween manicure and what I ended up doing wasn't what I planned. This is what I did:

Base for all nails:
3 coats of Sally Hansen HD - Blu.
Then I sponged on Sinful Colours - Fiji halfway up the nail. (Not 100% sure this was the name of the colour I'll have to check when I get home.)
I sponged e - Black ($2 shop brand) nail polish on the tips.

Thumb:
I used the Christmas ornament on Bundle Monster plate BM-225 (Second Set) for the moon. I stamped with Sally Hansen Insta-Dri - Whirlwind White. I only applied polish to the round part of the ornament. I also used one of my new nail art brushes and more white nail polish to fill in the circle.
Next I stamped the house from Bundle Monster plate BM-224 (Second Set) with e - Black. I stamped the smaller bat from Bundle Monster plate BM13 (First Set) twice with e - Black.

Pointer:
I used one of the vines from the pumpkin stamp on Bundle Monster plate BM-224 (Second Set) as the tree, stamped with e - Black. Then I stamped half of the spider web stamp from Bundle Monster plate BM13 (First Set) with Sally Hansen Insta-Dri - Silver Sweep.

Middle:
I used one of the vines from the pumpkin stamp on Bundle Monster plate BM-224 (Second Set) as the tree, stamped with e - Black. Then the smaller bat from Bundle Monster plate BM13 (First Set).

Ring:
Same as pointer, I reversed the side the tree and spider web were on.

Pinky:
I used the vines from the pumpkin stamp on Bundle Monster plate BM-224 (Second Set) as the tree, stamped with e - Black.

I then put 2 coats of BYS - Glow in the Dark and 1 coat of Revlon top coat. This is what it looks like in the dark after being held in front of a light, Sorry about the graininess and blur, it was hard to keep still:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are welcome but please don't include a link to your blog/website. Comments containing such links will not be published.