Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Artsy Wednesday: Ombre

The theme for Artsy Wednesday this week is Ombre!

An Ombre manicure is shading from nail to nail using five nail polishes from the same colour family. I left out my thumb from this manicure. Here's the colours that I used:

Index: Essie - Lilacism
Middle: Ulta3 - Violet Rumble
Ring: Ulta3 - Royal Fever
Pinky: Ulta3 - Gooseberry

See what the other Artsy Wednesday girls did this week:

Michelle - Lab Muffin
Holly - Hooked!
Catrine - Unnaked Nails
Melanie - Nail & Polish
Jessica - Beauty Gnome
Kamen - KAKA Beauty Blog 
In other news I'm really annoyed! My computer monitor just broke. One second it was working and then the next it's dead. I've only had it for two weeks! Also I can't find the receipt and I've already thrown out the box. My boyfriend brought me a big bowl of ice cream to make it better. It helped a little. I was able to think of a plan...What if I go back to the store and buy another monitor, exactly the same model. Then the next day use that receipt to return the broken one? Do you think that would that work? Have you done that before?

21 comments:

  1. Such a simple and pretty mani! I love ombres!! So sorry about your monitor.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha, what a surprise a PURPLE ombre ;)
    I love it, really lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Purple, of course! :) Beautiful colours and application!

    Re: monitor - sneaky! ;) It might work, but there might be a serial number on it that would have matched the one on the box? I would just take my monitor to work and take home a functional one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, yep purple! :)

      All the monitors at work are a different brand, I'm hoping it's just the power cable, that's easier to swap.

      Delete
  4. this is beautiful! i love it! i adore purples! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow looks really good! Love purple!!! :-p

    ReplyDelete
  6. Omg! I love these! I love Purple! They look stunning! You have lovely nails! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very nice! Sucks about the monitor, I'd still try get a replacement, if you paid on eftpos you could use that as proof of purchase?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, my friend suggested that too. I just rang the store and they can print off the receipt again for me! So happy!! :)

      Delete
  8. Looks great :) I have to try one of these!

    ReplyDelete
  9. looks great! Sucks about the monitor!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love how shiny this is! Nice job!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are welcome but please don't include a link to your blog/website. Comments containing such links will not be published.