Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Artsy Wednesday: Sponging

The theme for Artsy Wednesday this week is Sponging!




Colours used:
Ulta3 - Lily White
Color Club - The Lime Starts Here
Color Club - The Wicked Sweet
Color Club - Gimmie A Grape Big Kiss

I started with a base of Lily White then sponged on each colour separately. I didn't really have a plan I just sponged it on randomly. To me it looks like fluro patchwork quilt, or a 2 year olds watercolour painting.

Visit the other Artsy Wednesday blogs for more sponging manicures:

Michelle - Lab Muffin
Catrine - Unnaked Nails
Melanie - Nail & Polish
Jessica - Beauty Gnome
Kamen - KAKA Beauty Blog
Emily  - An Accent Nail

19 comments:

  1. fantastic mix of color,great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this sponged mani. The bright colours are making me will on spring time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait for Winter to be over, only 15 days to go! :)

      Delete
  3. This is so awesome! It does look a bit like a patchwork quilt or watercolor only NEON! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this one, so right up my alley LOL - beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is soo gorgeous! I am in love with this!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the bright colors! Nice sponging!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This effect looks awesome! Definitely keeping this for later use ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This makes me think of tie-dye! Very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What is the theme for the next Artsy Wednesday? I'd like to do my nails with that theme to, just for the kick of it, from the other side of the planet! hihi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We'd love to have you join Artsy Wednesday but unfortunately we're at capacity at the moment - we'd like to keep the group at 10 people. However if you like I can add you to the waiting list, and if anyone leaves the group in the future we'll be sure to contact you! Let me know via email if you want to be put on the waiting list: prettypurplepolish@gmail.com

      Delete

Your comments are welcome but please don't include a link to your blog/website. Comments containing such links will not be published.